Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Dose of Inspiration: Keep Moving

So you know this much about success: Make goals, break them down, and start checking steps off your to-do list, right? An important piece to keep in mind is to keep moving. You sit down, and it's SO much harder to get back up and work on the next step. Keep your head up, take deep belly breaths, focus. Remember why you're doing it, how much better you'll feel when you've finished it, what difference it will make in your life, who else will benefit from the end result with you. 

Keep moving.

And don't be reluctant to pat yourself on the back when you reach your goal. I am a big proponent of rewarding myself for a job well done. The reward doesn't have to be huge. I'm a bit like Pavlov's Dog when I'm at work--I've developed a tradition of allowing myself one piece of Dove dark chocolate after each massage I give. Keeps my sweet tooth in check. ;) 

I'm also about to get my next massage scheduled--after many hard hours working in our backyard this week, it's almost done, and I am SOO ready to rest and treat my body to some TLC. And I highly recommend you do the same! ;) 

Got the second stump out yesterday.

Hard to believe there used to be 2 trees growing in the middle of the yard, then 2 big holes from taking out the stumps, huh? Can't wait to make it grass instead of dirt now!!

Yes, I know I need more massages than just after lots of hard yardwork, but I also know how much more enjoyable it will be to know that I won't have to do more yardwork still, after I've gotten a massage. Once the grass seed is down & covered, I will relax. Ahhh....can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment