Thursday, February 16, 2012

Product & Service Spotlight: Warm Linen Wrap Deluxe & Hot Snapz Reusable Handwarmers

Last month, I shined the spotlight on Aloe & Herb Bodywraps--click here to view that post--so I'm spinning off of that to tell you more about the Warm Linen Wrap Deluxe. When you schedule this treatment, you'll not only get the same bodywrap, but you'll also enjoy neck, face, scalp, hand and foot massage while you relax in the wrap. The Warm Linen Wrap Deluxe is $95 of pure pampering pleasure.

Carrying on the heat element, I have some of my career-saving handwarmers available for purchase. Hot Snapz is the brand I have on hand now, and they are holding up very well. What are they, you may be wondering? Small, hand-size pouches filled with sodium acetate, with a small metal disc inside. When you need to activate them, they will be in liquid state. To get them warming, simply click/snap the metal disc inside. The liquid inside will begin to crystallize as it warms up. It helps to squish it around during this rapid process to keep the pouch pliable. As the warming elements fades away, it will become more solid. 

To make the handwarmers ready to be reactivated, they need to be boiled in a pot of water, with a washcloth underneath to keep them from coming in direct contact with the hot pot. I set my used handwarmers on top of a folded washcloth, cover them with water and the lid, turn the stove to medium, and set a timer for 20 minutes (too many times I've forgotten I'm boiling them and get reminded by water boiling over in the pot!). Use tongs to lift them out. Be sure they appear to be clear throughout. If there are any bits of crystallized material remaining, they will often reactivate spontaneously. I then leave any that have crystals still in them in the pot, covered, with the heat turned off until I come back to them later. Allow them to cool completely before intentionally reactivating. Each hand-size handwarmer is available to purchase for $10 or 3/$25.


No comments:

Post a Comment