Monday, January 9, 2012

Recipe of the Month: Kettle Corn

Several years ago, I really liked the microwave kettle corn. And then a tragedy happened. Our microwave died. I hardly ever used the thing for anything else besides the kettle corn. So I began a hunt online for a homemade version. I found it. Hubby demanded we replace the microwave. I still will only eat my homemade version now. No way would I go back! Here it is.

Kettle Corn

Ingredients
Made as follows, this makes a large bowl of popcorn. This recipe can be very easily adapted to how hungry your bellies are when making it.

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup oil, I use canola
1/4 cup white sugar

Directions
1. Place 3 popcorn kernels and oil in large covered saucepan over medium heat.
2. Listen for all 3 kernels to pop, then add remaining popcorn kernels and sugar at once.
3. Keep covered, lifting and shaking pan frequently until popping slows almost to a stop. Heat may need to be lowered slightly, depending on your stove.
4. Remove from heat and pour out into a large bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment