Thursday, August 4, 2011

Upcoming Events

I'm still fine-tuning my time management, as you can see. It's been too long since my last post once again, but I tell you now, I just set a recurring appointment for myself to get in here and write something once a week. My apologies for missing a few this summer. 

Our CD of the month for August is another of Gary Jess'. The album is Northwest Trilogy. If you recall, I have another CD from Gary Jess featuring piano work. This one also has piano, and to be very honest, I think I like the other CD better. There's a track on this one that reminds me of the Doogie Howser intro, in a minor, gentle way. It did inspire me to watch an episode on Hulu today though! Love those blasts from the past. :)

Room Update: I have transitioned into my new room--yay! The only left to do is get my certificates hung on the wall. I have an open wall that is waiting for some beautiful piece of art to go on. I initially was drawn to panel-type sconces in the Partylite catalog, but wound up changing my mind about them. 

Speaking of Partylite, I finally got my show to close and am anxiously waiting for all my new things to come in. I forgot to order one of their seasonings (yes, if you didn't know, they're carrying a small food line now too!) that my hostess prepared into a dip for our party. She didn't mention that it was a Partylite item (we devoured my Blueberry Buckle instead), though that may have encouraged more sales if she had. I don't have the catalog in front of me now, but I think it was some kind of Buffalo-Blue Cheese seasoning mix that she added to equal parts mayo and sour cream. SO good! Fortunately, I do have lots of leftover hostess credit coming my way in the form of product certificates, so I will be able to order some soon enough. No, I'm not a consultant myself, so if you ever find yourself with access to placing a Partylite order, I do highly recommend ordering that seasoning. It has a little zing to it, but not too much. Delish. Consider this plug my recipe of the month for last month in lieu of a full post for it. ;)

My study and mentor programs are slowly creeping along in progress. Very slowly. I am starting from the ground up here, and have just made a crucial decision on how to structure this, so that's been helpful. There's so much information to cover, I didn't know where to start with it all at first. It may be several months before I can comfortably launch it as a means of generating income for me. 

PS--Remember to put on sunscreen on these gorgeously sunny days we've been getting! A client of mine recommends Mexitan organic sunscreen. I haven't tried it yet, but it comes with such high regard from her, that I feel confident in sharing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment