Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unexpected Insights and Reflections

"Yesterday is already a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well lived, 
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope."


--Anonymous






These are the words I found written, in my own handwriting, on a notecard in a book I had let a friend borrow years ago and finally just got back this week.


Reading this glimpse of insight into my life from 5-6 (or maybe even more) years ago was really cool. I take peace in seeing how I've always been drawn towards inspirational quotes and the deeper meanings and bigger pictures of things. 


I also thought it was so cool that I actually FOUND this in the book--that maybe my friend found it there, read it, and chose to leave it there for me, without throwing it away intentionally, or letting it slip out carelessly.


I really enjoyed this little reflection. Please share any stories you might have with similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment