Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Are You Doing RIGHT NOW?

I've begun a habit of asking myself throughout my day whether the action I'm taking RIGHT NOW is helping me or prohibiting me from reaching my ultimate desires in life. It's an absolutely amazing thing. I find myself accomplishing so much more than I previously allowed of myself. 


For me, it means getting up at 6am when my husband leaves for work to start my day, and having a routine to my day. Working in the afternoons and evenings for so long, having a morning routine isn't something to which I'm accustomed, and, as some of my clients might share, leaves me pushing the clock to get to work before they arrive for their massage. 


My recent discipline developments have lead me to create more than just "goals" that I'd like to accomplish on a daily or weekly basis, which always seemed like a good idea, but never really stuck. Now, I have a schedule to my day, allowing me to know exactly what I should, or more importantly--should NOT be doing, in my quest to reach my biggest goals in life.


What is happening now, is that all the things I've wanted to do or have is really becoming reality. My email inbox is under control and is no longer what I look to when I feel like I should be doing something productive, my follow up with clients is getting done, the kitchen isn't loaded with dirty dishes (for those who don't know, we don't have a dishwasher!), the house is cleaner altogether, I'm going to the gym on a more regular basis, and I feel SO much better.


Most everyone dreams of success, and hopes one day they'll have it....but how will you know? What would YOUR success in life look like? What are you doing to reach that dream? What are you doing that is hindering your chances of reaching that dream? How can you make different choices to get what you want? Are you really okay with allowing what is currently holding you back to remain as it is? Or, are you willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone to reach your goals? 


I hope to have inspired you to know that you CAN have the things you want in life. Be prepared for the journey, and begin by taking small, consistent steps. It is a journey, and if you try to run too fast for too long, you will get tired and fall. Your intensity must be built up. Break down your dreams into smaller goals. Begin with making a different choice today, tomorrow, each day this month, and smile when you start to see the effect. You can do this. Your dream life is waiting for you, you just have to allow yourself to stretch a little further so pretty soon, it's just within your reach. 


Yes, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment