Monday, April 19, 2010

Meet Robo-ssage

Check this out! For a mere $6,799, you too can enjoy yourself a robotic massage. 


My initial thoughts are:
**Hmm...looks enjoyable...probably better than the massage chair experience I had when I got my pedicure last week, minus the pedicure.
**What about the front of the body?
**There's no stretching involved.
**Doesn't look suitable for larger body types.
**Are buyers really going to see $6,799 worth of value from this thing before it starts collecting dust and holding laundry? 
**Buyers miss out on one major factor that drives my clients to get a massage from me: HUMAN TOUCH. There's no substitute for it, including this.
**Comparable to paying $6,799 for a CD that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home, versus spending $60 every so often to go to the actual concert. 


If you'd like, just pay me $6,799 and I'll be happy to give you a massage every day for 113 days. I'd be thrilled to take part in a study comparing the use of this fake massager every day, versus a real massage every day for the same amount of time and cost. Sure, some might argue that after 113 days, the value in the chair goes on, but I contend it to be gathering dust by then. And those receiving real massage would be flying high on cloud 9. 


What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment