Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Dose of Inspiration: Before It's Too Late...

I had a math teacher in middle school that left a big impact on me. I seemed to know there was wisdom behind her seemingly unrelated words. As I've grown older and wiser in the years since, I've heard her words repeat themselves more times than I can count, "Keep the scale balanced."

I pulled my yearbook off the shelf this week after she'd been on my mind so much. A part of her inscription, "Always live up to your potential" and a drawing of a scale in balance, have meant a great deal to me over the years. 

I tried looking up Ms. Morris online. No luck, so I called the school to begin tracking her down, and received the sad news that she'd died just a few months ago from a brain tumor. How I wish I could have had the opportunity to let her know what an impact she'd made on me with those two simple sentences. 

In memory of Ms. Morris, please get over your qualms and take the time to find the people who've made a difference in YOUR life and tell them. Do it before it's too late.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..thanks for sharing this heart-felt post :)
    I will remember to find those people...

    ReplyDelete