Thursday, November 4, 2010

My First Acupuncture Experience

You should know by now that my glass is pretty much never half empty. All my clouds have a silver lining. There's always two sides to every story. You get it.


Today, my 3:30 massage appointment was cancelled at 1:50pm. Fan-tastic, right? Right!


It did become fantastic when I called up Carol Greismeyer at Oregon City Acupuncture. I met Carol through the Women Empowering Women networking group a good year and a half ago, but it wasn't until she moved her business from Milwaukie to just the other side of 7th Street on Madison here in Oregon City in September that we really connected. 


Since she moved across the street from Heidi's, we've toured each other's offices and agreed that trading services would be a marvelous thing. Carol is usually in the office Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and my mother in law was already planning to come spend the afternoon with her grandsons, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to give acupuncture a shot (pun intended). 


Carol was able to get me in exactly the time I was hoping for, and gave me a very good nutshell of the eastern views of how the body works, and then the de-stress treatment. The needles are not bad at all, just a little poke when it goes in, and then it's fine. 


Carol discovered an energy blockage under my right knee (thanks to all my muscle imbalances, no doubt), and my right hand felt "funny" for a few minutes of the treatment. It was a nice, relaxing treatment, but didn't leave me a sloppy mess either. My hands feel much better, a lot of the muscular tension in my gripping muscles has been relieved, and the same for my upper shoulders/neck that hold tension too. 


My massage therapist tomorrow will no doubt be happy to have a little less work to do on me tomorrow when I get to have my massage in our trade too. By the way, when you come in for your massage and spa treatments, the new face occupying the room next to me is Jessie. And I'll be happy to tell you what her massage style is like after I experience it tomorrow for myself. Be on the lookout for new signs to be popping up that will have both our names on them. Jessie's clients need to find her too. :)


Back on topic now. Give Carol at Oregon City Acupuncture a call: 503-653-1468. The de-stress session is $30. See what you think! You can also buy gift certificates on her website--just in time for the holidays! What a great gift idea. We could all use a little more Eastern influences in our very Western lives...



No comments:

Post a Comment