Friday, December 11, 2009

Finding A Massage Therapist--From The Client-Perspective

Usually, when I need a massage, I prefer to trade with other local LMTs. Unfortunately, my most-preferred trading partner has just recently returned to work with a booked-out schedule after having a baby, and also works the same days I do, so it really takes quite a bit out of our schedules when we trade. So I began my hunt for a new massage trading partner, and I was really surprised at how difficult this was!

I'm a Googler, so I started there... called another therapist in town, left her a message two weeks ago, and have never heard back. I'll spare mentioning her name here, but if you ask, I won't hold back. Poor way to keep your reputation, if you ask me. I called a few other places, but even as someone experienced in massage, I felt a little awkward to leave a message when I didn't get an answer, so I hung up. I wonder what other prospective clients might do in this situation?

Thanks to my inside advantage of massage, I know of massagetherapy.com's therapist finder, so my search continued there. I don't want to drive far for my massage, so I limited my search to Oregon City, and I prefer trading with female therapists, so I tuned out the male therapists listed. Sorry guys, I know you're good, I just have a preference of working on women's bodies as opposed to men's when I get the choice. Found someone listed, but when I called her and scoped her website, she's actually located in Wilsonville, or somewhere else not in Oregon City. *sigh* It's a tough job trying to find a massage therapist!

Further down the line, someone actually answered her phone when I called! Success! It's amazing how nice it is to hear someone actually speaking at the other end when you call! We talked, and she was also interested in trading, woohoo!, so we scheduled our appointments.

Check back again to see how this trade turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment